Liverpool muslim players – These day, it’s no wonder to see muslim players play in European clubs, including in English Premier League. One of example of EPL clubs with muslim players is Liverpool. Throughout its history, there are several Liverpool muslim players. Currently, they have 4 muslim players in Liverpool squad. They are Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Naby Keita, and Xherdan Shaqiri.
Beside those 4 players, Liverpool also have many Islamic footballers in the past. Some notable examples are Kolo Toure, Nuri Sahin, Mamadou Sakho, and Emre Can. While those example are easy to remember, there are some name that forgettable too, such as Samed Yesil, Oussama Assaidi, and Carl Medjani.
Several muslim players also gain succesful spells at Anfield. For example Djimi Traore who involved in Champions League final in 2005 when Liverpool beat AC Milan in match dubbed as Miracle of Istanbul. He also famously (or infamously) known as one of the worst player ever to play and won Champions League final.
(read also list of Barcelona muslim players)
List of Muslim Players in Liverpool
There are some muslim footballers in Liverpool from time to time. Below is list of Liverpool muslim player and his personal detail (birth date, position, club career, honours).
1. Mohamed Salah
No doubt, Mohamed Salah is most on fire muslim players in Europe currently. Salah was born in Gharbia, Egypt on June 15th 1992. He ever play in some decent clubs around Europe such as Basel, Chelsea, Fiorentina, AS Roma and currently in Liverpool. He plays as right winger.
Salah known as profilic goalscorer. His pace and acceleration are his main skills. Salah also become main star in Egyptian national football team, leading them to qualify in 2018 FIFA World Cup.
2. Sadio Mane
Sadio Mane is football players from Senegal. Liverpool bought him from Southampton. Mane was born in Sedhiou, Senegal on April 10th 1992. He become key player in Liverpool, contribute with goal and assist for Anfield’s side. Mane also form profilic forward trio with Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah.
3. Xherdan Shaqiri
While Salah and Mane is African-born, it’s different story for Xherdan Shaqiri. He was born in Gjilan, Yugoslavia. Currently he play for Switzerland national football team. Shaqiri play as winger, often deployed as attacking midfielder too. He is left-footed.
4. Naby Keita
Naby Keita is Guinean footballers who play as midfielder. He was bought from RB Leipzig after spent successful spells in German sides. Keïta is an energetic midfielder, with good defensive qualities, which also allows him to play in a holding role if necessary.
Ex-Liverpool Muslim Players
In the past, there are many muslim player in Liverpool who spend his career at Anfield. Some player have succesful day (i.e Sissoko, Sakho), but there are many flop players too (i.e Sahin, Assaidi).
- Emre Can, born in Frankfurt, Germany, currently play for Juventus in Serie A.
- Mamadou Sakho, French center back, currently play for Crystal Palace
- Kolo Toure, center back from Ivory Coast, famously play for Arsenal in his prime
- Nuri Sahin, Turkish midfielder, spent only one season at Anfield on loan from Real Madrid
- Mohamed Sissoko, central midfielder from Mali, perform decent performance from 2005 to 2008
- Oussama Assaidi, Morocco winger, not have great career at Anfield
- Nicolas Anelka, French journeyman, famously known as player who like to change clubs
- Samed Yesil, German forward, bought as wonderkid but fail to perform
- Alou Diarra, defensive midfielder from France, never had any chance to prove himself
- Nabil El Zhar, Morocco player, now play in La Liga but he ever join with Liverpool
- Carl Medjani, Algerian defender, play handful appearances for Liverpool
That’s all of muslim footballers in Liverpool from past to the current days. Some muslim players like Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Emre Can, Kolo Toure and Mohamed Sissoko is known ever play for Liverpool, some have left and some still play until now.
3 thoughts on “4+ Liverpool Muslim Players | List of Muslim Footballers in Liverpool”
Also Titi Camara
i proud the liverpool in my life be cause is pantastic club in england and that of tree muslim player mane salah shaqire
I am a Muslim
I am an African